Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ILIA: Crimson and Clover

Ilia, lipstick, Tinted Lip Conditioner, Green Beauty

The Story:
I was first recommended Ilia when my good friend, BluChiffon introduced me to Crimson & Clover. Let me tell you, it's unlike any other tinted lipstick I've ever tried before. The color is so strong, it stays on your lips through eating, brushing your teeth, and even sleeping. I had to wash it off with makeup remover to get it off. I've never had anything last that long. It was almost scary.



The Color:
On me, Crimson & Clover comes off as a strong deep red with neutral undertones. It can be sheer, natural red with a carefully light swipe and then swiped more for a deeper red look. It dries off with a slight sheen. Does not look glossy at all. Almost dries into a semi-matte look.


Ilia, lipstick, Tinted Lip Conditioner, Green Beauty

Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner SwatchIlia Tinted Lip Conditioner Swatch


The Formula:
Ilia's Tinted Lip Conditioners are meant to be a lip balm/lip stick combination. (Think Revlon's Lip Butters gone green and eco-friendly. Add a little chic packaging and you have Ilia's Tinted Lip Conditoners.) Because of this, they are fairly moisturizing. After 2-4 hours however, I have to reapply with lip balm. Not sure why.


The Wear Time: 
Like I said, the color stays on forever until you try to take it off. It does fade from it's full effect, but the color is so strong, it won't really fade all the way. You'll see what I mean when you get your hands on one of these babies. (Note: I have these in other colors and this one is the longest lasting. The other lighter colors do not last as long.)

Overall:
I really love the formula. It isn't drying and can be made sheer or opaque for a full color effect. You can buy Ilia products at their website: Iliabeauty.com . They also have a full list of retailers that sell their product.

Disclaimer:
I bought these goodies with my own money. This was not endorsed by the company. The pictures are mine. If you want to use them or share, please ask.


2 comments:

  1. The colour looks so nice on you!! I love Ilia beauty and I need to get my hands on this colour. How lovely.

    Have you tried other colours from them?

    http://skjonnhet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have actually! I also have Shell Shock and Blossom Lady. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every message written here. Blog Links are welcome. I love discovering new blogs. :)

Back to Top
back to top