Thursday, July 18, 2013

Love and Toast Lip Balm in Prickly Pear Review

Love And Toast Prickly Pear
Once in a while, you see something that catches your eye and just screams for you to get a hold of it. One day, I was passing through Whole Foods and encountered this little gem. I put it in my cart and simply could not say no. And by the time I did my finalizing while waiting at the register, I still could not put this adorable tiny thing down. Here's my review of Love & Toast Lip Balm!


Key Ingredients from the website Love & Toast:
Organic extra virgin olive oil, Beeswax, Organic jojoba oil, Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Delicious love&toast flavor, Organic hemp seed oil, Aloe vera oil, Vitamin E, Stevia.


I just noticed right now that it does include Stevia. Not sure how I feel about adding sugar to the formula... Perhaps it's to make it taste better? Not sure. I know it doesn't really taste sweet though, when I lick my lips.


Love And Toast Prickly Pear



Packaging: (5/5)

While tubs aren't exactly the most hygienic packages, they always appear cuter. And plus I'm a sucker for super cute packaging in a tub. The clear plastic is hard and almost glass-like. The top cover is such an adorable super cute cover. I can't get enough of looking at it.


Formula: (3/5)

The formula is a thin wax, very emollient when swatched with my fingers. On my lips, it adds a very slight shine, but goes away after a couple of minutes. It's moisturizing upon initial application but then goes away after a few hours.

Pricing & Availability: (4/5)
For $9.00, I think I expected a little better from a lip balm. It's easily available at Whole Foods or organic food supplies, and Love & Toast's website.

Overall:
If you have really dry lips and want something for chapping, this probably isn't for you. If you want something really cute and semi-moisturizing, then this could be for you.

Love And Toast Prickly Pear


Have you ever tried this lip balm?
Were you thinking of getting it?



bloglovin  |  pinterest  |  twitter 


35 comments:

  1. that's a shame :( the packaging is so cute though! great review
    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely 5/5 for packaging... It's so cute

    http://tia-cherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the packaging is amazing, I love it!!!!!! I've never heard of the brand before, but I'd love to try something xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. shame about the actual product.. but the packaging is so beauts.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. That giveaway looks amazing. Thanks Brigette! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I know what you mean, some things you just cant resist. Thanks for stopping by and following. I am following your blog as well. I love the cute packaging on this lip balm.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got to admit it though, the packaging is damn cute. ^.^


    http://featuringcrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ! I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award !
    If you want to, just let me know when you have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging looks adorable! x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly thanks for the lovely comment and following me, I will follow you too =)

    This lipbalm is so adorable and good that it's good to use too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such an incredible blog! Love the way you photograph your products too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this! :)
    drop by my blog too?

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much MuShii! :D I'll let you know I've done it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh no problem Yomi. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg, thanks so much Emily for the lovely sweet comment. I adore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have lip balm from this brand too and yeah its scent outweighs its "moisturizing power"

    Do you mind taking a second to check out my blog? I love feedback!

    rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. totally in love with the packaging thats for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG I just bought a Love and Toast hand lotion in Mandarin Tea! And I almost snagged a Love and Toast edt that smelled like Sunkist from Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago! They also sell the brand at Duane Reade! Sorry for all the exclamation points!

    --Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh, that's so true! I'll check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I lovveee the scent. You should do a review on it!!! Mandarin Tea sounds like it would smell so fruity and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yup! I was smitten by the packaging. xD

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a shame it isn't super moisturising BUT how cute is that packaging?!

    Lovely post and lovely blog!

    Hope to speak soon,

    your newest follower,

    Laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. omg how cute is that. I want this lip balm so badly :D xo


    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much Laura! :D Followed you back. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every message written here. Blog Links are welcome. I love discovering new blogs. :)

Back to Top
back to top